Terms & Conditions
1. The British School of Etiquette (TBSoE) is the name under which the companies TBSE Ltd (a non-VAT-registered limited liability company under English law) and GR8 Solution Int Limited (a VAT-registered limited liability company under English law) are trading. TBSoE’s purpose is to provide training and coaching services on etiquette, luxury retail service skills, hospitality service skills (including but not limited to luxury chalet service, luxury yacht and aircraft service, restaurant, butler, hotel, waiter, etc.), and on other types of knowledge (including but not limited to wine, cognac, whisky, cigar service, etc.) to natural persons and companies. TBSE Ltd is registered with the Companies House of the United Kingdom under the company number 09465046. The registered business address of both TBSE Ltd and GR8 Solution Int Limited (both trading as The British School of Etiquette) is Milroy House, Sayers Lane, Tenterden, Kent, TN30 6BW, United Kingdom. The postal address of TBSoE is Office 618, 8 Shepherd Market, Mayfair, London, W1J 7J, United Kingdom.
2. If the time of your registration is more than 6 weeks before the agreed-upon start date of the course, a deposit of 15% of the agreed-upon course fee must be paid to The British School of Etiquette on the same date when you return to us the scanned and signed Engagement Letter and completed Registration Form. The entire balance of the agreed-upon course fee must be paid no later than 6 weeks before the agreed-upon start date of the course.
3. If the time of your registration is less than 6 weeks but more than 2 weeks before the agreed-upon start date of the course, a deposit of 50% of the agreed-upon course fee is required on the same date when you return to us the scanned and signed Engagement Letter and completed Registration Form. The entire balance of the agreed-upon course fee must be paid no later than 2 weeks before the agreed-upon start date of the course.
4. If the time of your registration is less than 2 weeks before the agreed-upon start date of your course, full payment is required at the time of confirmation of your registration when you submit the scanned and signed Engagement Letter and completed Registration Form to us.
5. All payments made to TBSoE (either by wire transfer or PayPal or credit card according to the TBSoE’s Payment Procedure) must be in Sterling Pounds, and the client must bear all transaction costs charged by the banking institution so that TBSoE finally receives the full sum due for the course registered, including any applicable VAT.
6. Once we have received your completed Registration Form, signed Engagement Letter, and the required deposit or balance payment timely, the training or course registered will take place at the date, time, and place agreed upon, subject to any postponement or cancellation, if applicable.
7. The course prices published on our website are based on a minimum of four (4) registrants per course. If two (2) weeks before the course there are less than four (4) people registered for the course, TBSoE reserves every right to hold the course with less than four (4) persons at the price agreed-upon or to postpone or cancel the course.
8. Special prices will be given for one-on-one private training, which are quoted on a case-by-case basis depending on the needs of the client.
9. Discounts can be given if you wish to register a training or course for a group of more than five (5) persons. The granting of discounts, which is at the full discretion of TBSoE, and the percentage of the discount to be given are assessed on a case-by-case basis
10. TBSoE reserves the right to postpone a course if necessary. If this occurs, TBSoE is not responsible for any costs incurred or loss suffered by the student because of such postponement.
11. If the course is postponed timely by unanimous consent (if more than three (3) persons have registered for the course) or by mutual consent (if it is a one-on-one private course), neither party will be responsible for any costs incurred or loss suffered by any party because of such agreed-upon postponement.
12. If the course is postponed too late whereby a trainer has booked and paid for travel arrangements to give the course on the originally scheduled date, the student or students must reimburse TBSoE the travel expenses that have already been paid by the designated trainer.
13. TBSoE reserves the right to postpone any training or course because of industrial action, strikes, ill health, or any other unforeseen occurrence. TBSoE will make every possible effort to inform the student-client timely.
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
14. TBSoE reserves the right to cancel a course if the course does not meet the minimum number of attendees. If this occurs, TBSoE will give a full refund to registered students who have paid the course fee fully. This refund will take place within seven (7) working days from the date the cancellation is notified to the student. TBSoE is not responsible for any costs incurred or loss suffered by the student because of such cancellation.
15. You are allowed to cancel your course registration anytime, and you acknowledge that accepting TBSoE’s Terms & Conditions includes accepting TBSoE’s cancellation policy described below:
- If you cancel your registration more than 30 days before the agreed-upon start date of the course, TBSoE will refund 60% of the paid course fee to you within fourteen (14) days from the date of your cancellation.
- If you cancel your registration at least 72 hours before the agreed-upon start date of the course, TBSoE will refund 20% of the paid course fee to you within fourteen days (14) from the date of your cancellation.
- If you cancel your registration at least 48 hours before the agreed-upon start date of the course, TBSoE will not refund you any sum of the course fee you paid.
- If you cancel your registration anytime between 24 hours and 2 weeks before the agreed-upon start date of the course, and if—for whatever reason—you have not yet paid the full course fee agreed upon by the time of your cancellation, you must pay TBSoE compensation of £500. This compensation does not limit or prejudice the rights of TBSoE to seek any additional financial compensation from you using any means including taking legal action.
16. If you fail to show up on the start-date of your course for whatever reason, TBSoE will not refund you any sum of the course fee you paid. In addition, TBSoE reserves the right to seek additional financial compensation from you for any loss that it has suffered as a result of your failure to attend the course you registered. This includes but is not limited to travel expenses, loss profits, etc.
17. TBSoE works on a global scale. The courses are given in English, however. Private sessions can be translated by a qualified interpreter into most languages including Chinese, Russian, French, Arabic, and Japanese. Costs for the interpreter’s service and his or her travel costs are borne by the student-client.
18. Students enrolled in a group course (i.e., comprising four (4) students or more) should have a good working knowledge of English. A translator-interpreter can be booked to accompany you during the course if sufficient advance notice is given to TBSoE about this requirement. Costs for the translator-interpreter’s service and his or her travel costs are borne by the student requiring such service.
19. TBSoE’s course materials are in English. They can be translated before the start-date of the course if desired, and the student-client bears the costs of such translation.
20. If the student causes any property damage to the course venue or the venue’s properties, or TBSoE’s properties, belongings, or equipment used or hired by TBSoE, the student is liable for such damage.
Timing and Punctuality
21. All students must arrive at the specified time of the course’s commencement. If the student foresees his or her tardiness, he or she must call, text, or email TBSoE to alert the trainer/tutor.
22. For private one-on-one sessions, if the student fails to show up after 40 minutes from the specified arrival time without telephoning, texting, or emailing TBSoE to alert the trainer/tutor or TBSoE’s office regarding his or her tardiness, the trainer/tutor will leave the training venue. If this occurs, TBSoE will not refund any sum of the paid course fee to the student, and TBSoE reserves the right to seek financial compensation from the student for any travel costs and loss incurred because of the student’s tardiness.
23. Dress code at all TBSoE courses is smart, unless otherwise specified and informed to the student beforehand to meet the needs of the course, e.g., fine dining, gentleman’s course, lady’s course, etc.
24. The student accepts that failure to comply with the dress code could possibly result in the training not taking place. If this occurs, TBSoE will not refund any sum of the paid course fee to the student.
25. Whilst TBSoE will do its utmost to allocate named trainers/tutors for private tuition, this cannot always be guaranteed because of the international nature of the work and the clients. All our designated trainers/tutors are experts in their field.
26. If a designated trainer/tutor is unable to attend a booked course because of sickness or a personal emergency, TBSoE will do its best to provide a substitute trainer/tutor and ask that the students-clients be understanding.
27. Only if TBSoE cannot provide a suitable trainer/tutor in such event will a refund of any sum to the student be valid.
Audio & Visual Recording
28. Any full or partial audio or visual recording of any class, seminar, or workshop given by TBSoE and its associated trainers/tutors is prohibited unless otherwise agreed upon in writing before the start of the course or seminar or workshop.
29. If permission for audio or visual recording is granted by TBSoE, it is understood that the recording is used for personal use only and will not be used for commercial gain or appear on any media or social media.
30. If TBSoE makes any photograph or audio or visual recording of any of its classes, seminars, or workshops for internal reference purposes or external marketing purposes, TBSoE will inform the students in writing of such planned photography or filming or recording. At the time of such notice, TBSoE will also ask the attending students to sign a portrait right release form beforehand (at least seven (7) days before the course). Those who do not wish to be captured can also alert TBSoE in writing no less than seven (7) days before the course.
Student Course Notes
31. Whenever required, access to student notes and further reading lists will be granted to the student at least give (5) working days from the course start date or date of training.
32. Any reproduction in any way or distribution of any TBSoE notes or materials is strictly prohibited.
33. The downloading and printing of notes is for the sole use of the paying student only.
34. If a trainer/tutor is booked for the student-client’s training overseas, the foreign visa, invitation letter, and any other relevant and require travel documentation must be provided by the client well in advance of the expected departure date. Failure to provide the necessary documentation within a sufficient timeframe can result in the trainer/tutor being unable to travel for the booked training overseas. If this occurs, TBSoE will not refund any sum to the client, but the booked training dates will be rescheduled, if possible. The client will be responsible for the visa costs.
35. TBSoE reserves the right to change or replace any modules on any of the listed courses. If possible, the students will be notified of these changes.
36. TBSoE will use its best endeavours to perform the services agreed upon but will not be liable for the loss (whether direct or consequential) suffered by the student-client if TBSoE is unable to complete work entirely or partly because of matters beyond its reasonable control, this being understood as including (but not be limited to) acts of God including tempest, fire, earthquakes, or natural disaster; government sanction, embargo, import or export regulation, or order; illness, failure in the transportation of equipment, machinery, or personnel, or in the provision of any utility including power, gas, water, or communication services; labour disputes, including strikes, lockouts, boycotts, or other industrial action; war, civil war, sabotage, or act of terrorism.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
37. All trainings and courses are given by TBSoE, even if it is the student-client’s express or implied intention that the training or course be given by a specific trainer who is associated with TBSoE. This specific trainer and “associated trainer” is understood to be any designated trainer or employee of TBSoE. Consequently, TBSoE accepts responsibility and is solely responsible for the training and courses given by the specific trainer or associated trainer. Only TBSoE has or will have any obligation towards you or towards any other person with regard to the training, and only TBSoE has or will have any personal responsibility for the training it provided on behalf of TBSoE. You accept not to pursue any claim against any other person than TBSoE with regard to the trainings or courses given.
38. Except to the extent that it is legally impossible to limit liability, any and all liability of TBSoE is limited to the amount paid out under TBSoE’s applicable liability insurance policy (or policies) for any claim. If and to the extent that no monies are paid out under the aforesaid liability insurance for whatever reason, any and all liability of TBSoE is limited to the sum of the course fee concerned, up to a maximum of £5,000 (five thousand Sterling Pounds). In any event, a claim is unenforceable if TBSoE is not given written notice within one year after the discovery of an event or circumstance that gives or could give rise to a liability claim.
39. TBSoE may — on behalf of the registered student — engage third parties in the performance of its training services. TBSoE will exercise the necessary due care in its selection of third parties, and it is not liable for any acts or omissions of third parties. TBSoE is authorized by you, the registered student-client, to accept any third party’s limitation of liability on your behalf.
40. You, the student-client, indemnifies TBSoE and its associated trainers against any third-party claims that arise from or are in any way connected to the course you were enrolled in and the trainings given to you. Any compensation sought by TBSoE from you will cover the costs of our legal defence.
41. These Terms & Conditions apply to every training or course given by TBSoE, including any follow-up trainings and courses.
42. These Terms & Conditions can be changed at any time and are to be consulted on the URL: http://thebritishschoolofetiquette.com/registration/terms-and-conditions/.
43. These terms & conditions and the contractual relationship between TBSoE and the client are exclusively governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law. A claim may only be brought against TBSoE if it can be brought into English law without reference to the law of any other country. Any dispute is to be brought exclusively to the court having jurisdiction in England.