The British School of Etiquette offers courses in mastering the art of penmanship. Whether you are a beginner or just want to perfect your style of handwriting. Preparation, Practice, Posture, and Pencil grip are the important factors in achieving the goals.
kidiquette ™ 3: the power of the pen
Our handwriting is part of our lives and we are judged by others when it is on show. It is very personal, a part of our self-image and an expression of our personality, just as the way we dress and present ourselves.
First impression is the best impression. A person writing in a beautiful penmanship will make a better first impression than the person who writes illegibly.
The Art of Penmanship is an important skill for both children and adults. To master the complex skill involves hand-eye co-ordination, fine motor skills, correct posture, pencil grip and letter formation.
Every child learns at their own pace and some benefits of handwriting are an excellent way to develop fine motor skills, to help with spellings and provide more confidence. Good handwriting will have a positive impact on their handwritten projects, work and even their exams to achieve higher grades. As every individual is unique with their style of writing, they will be equipped with a skill for life.
In the digital age the art of handwriting is becoming less of the norm but still rightly has its place in leaving a personal touch.
- Prior to starting the course, the parents must send the tutor evidence of the students’ handwriting to assess their ability.
- Guided handwriting templates will be sent for multiple copies to be made by the parents.
- Guided letter formation templates will be shared.
- Homework will be set weekly which must be completed everyday and submitted for feedback.
- The students will practice with precision for a month.
- The 8th lesson will be in the format of an assessment where students will produce A4 pieces of handwriting under timed conditions.
- Each student will be awarded with a certificate upon completion of the course.
is accredited by: